“There is a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women,”
Madeleine Albright – former US Secretary of State.
With that in mind, last Thursday 15th March we launched the 2018/19 mentoring scheme which we run in conjunction with PRWeek. The launch was held at the beautiful new private members’ club for women, The Allbright, and there were around 60 women attending to meet fellow mentors and current / prospective mentees. We heard rousing speeches from our new President Bibi Hilton, deputy editor of PRWeek and staunch supporter John Harrington, and current mentee, Addy Frederick.
This is the fifth year of the scheme which has seen around 60 women in PR and communications successfully complete the programme. They are paired with some of the industry’s brightest and best senior female communications professionals from in-house and agency worlds. Mentors help mentees to meet and overcome specific career challenges, whether that is to progress within their current organisation, find a new role or even set up their own business.
Criteria for entry:
- Minimum of eight years in PR/communications. No maximum – we have had heads of communications and agency MDs join the scheme in recent years.
- Must be currently working in a pure PR/communications role.
- Must have some line management experience in a current or recent position.
- Must be available to attend PRWeek photo shoot on Wednesday 23rd May.
- Must be prepared to become a member of Women in PR and to contribute at least one blog post during the year-long programme.
Click here to apply. Closing date for applications Is April 12th. Judging will be held in early May with successful candidates announced by end May. The scheme begins on June 1st.
We look forward to reading your application!
The Women in PR Committee